Sunday, February 17, 2013

Week 7

Do you feel close to the other members of your family?

This might be surprisingly to some, but no I don't. I get along perfectly with all of my siblings, and infact all of my cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents too. There isn't a person in my family that I don't love an adore. But, that isn't the question. The question is, do I feel close to them. The truth is, I'm closer to some of my friends than I am to my family. We call occasionally, and I usually mail Christmas cards. But that's the extent of our relationship. I'm closest to my brother Billy. We both try equally as hard, it seems, to make sure that we stay as close as possibly, but even then, our lives are so vastly different and we live so far apart from one another. We'll only be three hours from one another once we get to Texas and I really hope that all changes. He now has a little boy Lucas' age, and since my boys have never had any cousins to be close to, I really hope that we will be able to get together many times a year so that if nothing else, the boys will be able to build that special cousin bond. 


No comments:

Post a Comment